How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
Patient Access is available to ALL our registered patients. Once registered, you can book your appointment(s) online.
To register for this service, please click here.
The surgery operates a booked appointment system for all consultations with the doctors.
Urgent problem? You can be seen on the day by an on-call doctor in an emergency appointment.
Non-urgent problem? You can make a routine appointment with a doctor up to 4 weeks in advance. Appointments are bookable through reception desk, by telephone, in person or via or our online booking service.
In order for our reception staff to help you please:
- Be prepared to give some details of your problem
- Tell us if your condition may be infectious e.g. a rash so we can arrange for you to wait separately from other patients
- Be on time for your appointment (check above our Late Patient Policy)
- Cancel unwanted appointments well in advance
- Make a separate appointment for each person who needs to attend
- Bring only 1 or 2 problems to each appointment (remember, you only have a few minutes!)
Please remember that you can see any doctor at the practice. If you do not mind which doctor you see we can usually give you an appointment within 5 working days. You may have to wait longer if you want to see a specific doctor. This is because some of our doctors are part-time and do not have as many appointments each week.
You can also make appointments to see our nurses up to 4 weeks in advance.
Our practice offers telephone consultations which can be booked in advance or requested on the day, if you need to speak to a doctor quickly. Telephone consultations are useful for patients who find it difficult to come into the practice. They are especially useful for:
- Providing the results of investigations
- Medication reviews
- Health promotion e.g. promoting immunisation, cervical smear or smoking cessation services
- Follow-ups of patients with ongoing medical problems such as follow up of depressed patients and managing diabetes
- If you would like to speak to a doctor by phone please ask the receptionist
Missed appointments waste valuable resources. If you do not tell us in advance that you are unable to attend we cannot offer the appointment to someone else. Wasted appointments mean that everyone has to wait longer to be seen. If you are unable to attend please cancel your appointment. You can do this by phone, in person, by sending a text message reading CANCEL in response to your reminder text.
GP Access Hubs
Registered patients of Beckett House Practice can access extended opening times at four specially selected GP Access Hubs in the borough.
Our GP Access Hubs offer appointments seven days a week at the following times:
- 12pm–8pm Monday to Friday
- 8am-8pm Weekends and bank holidays
To book an appointment, simply call us as usual. If you are unable to attend an appointment during our usual opening times, if you wish you can be referred to a GP Hub.
For further information you can visit www.lambethgpaccesshubs.co.uk.