NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
The situation is evolving, so to ensure you see the most up-to-date information, please visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I HAVE THE CORONAVIRUS?
Do NOT attend your GP practice, hospital or pharmacy. Self-isolate at home immediately and remain isolated for 7 days only if you have any of the below symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave the house for 7 days from when your symptoms started. You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them that you're staying at home. Please find official NHS guidance on self-isolation and staying at home HERE.
USE THE NHS 111 ONLINE CORONAVIRUS SERVICE IF:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
ONLY CALL 111 IF YOU CANNOT GET HELP ONLINE.
Please expect a significant delay in answering times as a result of the volume of calls currently being received.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT CORONAVIRUS TESTING IS NOT NEEDED FOR MOST PEOPLE AND IS NOT AVAILABLE VIA THE PRACTICE.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often - do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissues or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Appointments at the Practice from Monday 16th March
You will not be able to book a face-to-face GP appointment without speaking to a doctor online or over the phone first. If you need to speak to a GP, please book a routine telephone consultation online via our reception team on 020 7738 7030 or submit an online consultation (Econsult) here. You will receive a response to your eConsult by the end of the next working day.
Please note that all face-to-face routine asthma, COPD and diabetes reviews have been cancelled for your safety.
For your safety and the safety of our staff, we ask that patients contact us online or by telephone, rather than coming to the practice. We can arrange for documents and prescriptions to be sent electronically, to avoid the need to visit us. You can request sick certificates and prescriptions online and can register with the practice via our website.
Please check our website regularly for updates. For up-to-date information and national guidance, visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Published: Feb 25, 2020