Did you know smoking is the UK’s single greatest cause of preventable illness and avoidable death. Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health, and the health of your family. No matter how long you've smoked for, quitting can help improve your health straight away.
When trying to quit we know you are 4 times more likely to succeed with treatment which combines behavioural support and medication than if you ‘go it alone’. Thankfully there is lots of support available for Lambeth smokers who want to quit:
- The London Stop Smoking Helpline on 0300 123 1044.
- www.stopsmokinglondon.com(link is external) for help, advice and personalised methods of quitting smoking.
- www.nhs.uk/oneyou/for-your-body/quit-smoking/personal-quit-plan/(link is external) for a personal quit plan. This is a free and easy-to-use digital tool that helps smokers find alternatives such as e-cigarettes (vaping). It takes into account how much someone smokes and any quitting support they have used before.
- https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree/(link is external) NHS Smokefree also offers free proven support at every step of the process to help someone give up smoking. One option is to download the free NHS Smokefree app.
- Some local pharmacies in Lambeth can support you. Find our which is your nearest by visiting https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/adult-social-care-and-health/your-health/stop-smoking