Accredited Safe Surgery
Everyone living in the UK is entitled to register and consult with a GP. It means we can prevent and treat illness early and create a healthier society for everyone.
Our practice commits to taking steps to ensure that everyone in our community may fulfill their entitlement to quality healthcare. In partnership with Doctors of the World UK, we ensure that our practice offers a welcoming space for everyone who seeks to use our services.
- We don't insist on proof of address documents to register with us
- We don’t insist on proof of identification
- We never ask to see a visa or proof of immigration status
- We do all we can to protect patient information
- We work with interpreters, if needed
- We provide written information in different languages
- We display posters and put information on our website, to reassure patients that our surgery is a safe space
- Our frontline staff receive training
Our patient registration policies do not discriminate based on ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, trans status, immigration status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or any other characteristic. Lack of identification or proof of address, immigration status or language do not prevent patient registration at Beckett House Practice.
You can read our Practice Manager Sandra Connolly's interview with Doctors Of The World HERE.